TVM Capital Life Science to participate in LSI USA ’23
MONTREAL and MUNICH, Germany, March 17, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — TVM Capital Life Science (“TVM”), a major international venture capital firm focused on investments in life sciences innovation, these days announced that Dr. Luc Marengère, Managing Companion, and Dr. Sascha Berger, Common Companion of TVM, will participate in the upcoming LSI USA ’23 Emerging Medtech Summit 2023, which brings collectively major innovators, active investors and committed strategics from the medtech industry to companion and create subsequent-generation healthcare technologies. The conference will take location March 20-23, 2023, in Dana Point, California, USA.
“Medtech innovation plays a pivotal part in the healthcare ecosystem and has the possible to revolutionize the sector by enhancing patient outcomes, escalating efficiency, and minimizing charges. 1 essential element of our method is to invest in disruptive, breakthrough, industrial-stage technologies that map critical future trends and substantially transform existing normal-of-care. In addition to connecting with fellow investors and dealmakers to talk about market place possibilities and requirements, we appear forward to meeting young, very revolutionary corporations at the LSI Summit to additional expand TVM’s powerful medtech portfolio,” mentioned Dr. Luc Marengère.
TVM pursues a exceptional two-pronged method, investing in differentiated health-related technologies with industrial proof-of-notion and late clinical-stage therapeutics as properly as financing revolutionary early-stage therapeutics by means of a single asset corporation method (Project-Focused Firm, PFC) that leverages TVM’s strategic partnership with worldwide pharmaceutical firm, Eli Lilly and Firm. With its late-stage medtech investments, the Firm focuses on revolutionary firms from North America or the EU functioning to transform health-related practice with their groundbreaking devices and technologies.
Dr. Sascha Berger added: “TVM’s track record of effective collaboration highlights our partnership and worth-constructing method with innovators. As accurate partners, we operate closely with our portfolio corporations, striving to comprehend their tips, and locate techniques to advance their innovations to accelerate development, facilitate market place expansion and eventually aid them turn out to be or continue to be a leader in their respective markets. With our existing fund TVM Life Science Innovation II, we continue to expand our method, that has been validated by means of a quantity of corporations in each Fund I and II, to create a portfolio of differentiated merchandise with powerful leadership teams.”
Investment highlights from TVM’s medtech industrial-stage portfolio involve:
- Access Vascular Inc. has created and commercializes award-winning intravenous catheters addressing the most prevalent and expensive complications of intravenous therapy: infection, thrombosis, and phlebitis. Engineered to mimic the body’s organic chemistry, Access Vascular catheters are created to evade foreign physique response and associated complications.
- Egg Health-related has created and commercializes a lab radiation protection method that significantly reduces scatter radiation exposure for the duration of interventional angiographic procedures. During an X-ray, radiation reflects off a patient and scatters to anybody else in the space. This final results in an improved threat of cancer chromosomal abnormalities, skin harm and eye injury for healthcare experts in this field. EGGNEST™ reduces scatter radiation exposure by 91% for the complete group without having interrupting the workflow.
- Emovi’s technologies and AI options address clinical challenges that exist by means of the continuum of care for individuals with knee discomfort and pathology. The Firm has created the only FDA cleared, Overall health Canada licensed and CE Marked health-related device to assess the 3D motion of the knee and comprehend what is taking place in patient’s knee in order to much better recognize causes of symptoms and propose a effective care program.
- Kent Imaging, a major innovator in close to-infrared tissue oxygenation imaging, develops, manufactures, and markets health-related technologies that supports genuine-time selection-producing in wound care, vascular and surgical subspecialties and tracks the healing procedure. Kent Imaging targets limb preservation and reconstructive surgical markets – places with clear unmet want, as non-healing wounds are a key burden to individuals and the healthcare method.
- Panthera Dental, a globe leader in CAD/CAM implant options and dental sleep appliances, has effectively combined creativity, science and know-how to bring to market place its proprietary revolutionary technologies to present subsequent-generation merchandise to the dental sector as properly as a novel innovation to treat sleep apnea. The Firm just not too long ago launched a new item: The Magnet-XTM, the world’s initially removable magnetic implant bar supplying steady forces, lateral guidance and stability and quick handling for individuals with much less dexterity.
About TVM Capital Life Science
TVM Capital Life Science (“TVM”) is a major international venture capital firm focused on investing in life science innovations. The Firm has a very seasoned transatlantic investment group and roughly $900 million beneath management. TVM’s portfolio focuses on therapeutics and health-related technologies from North America and the EU that represent differentiated initially-in-class or ideal-in-class assets with the possible to transform normal of care.
TVM pursues a exceptional two-pronged method, financing revolutionary early-stage therapeutics by means of a single asset corporation method (Project-Focused Firm, PFC) that leverages the firm’s strategic partnership with worldwide pharmaceutical firm, Eli Lilly and Firm. TVM also invests in differentiated industrial-stage health-related technologies and late clinical-stage therapeutics.
With its late-stage investments, TVM focuses on differentiated health-related technologies with industrial proof-of-notion as properly as late-stage therapeutics anticipated to promptly attain key improvement or regulatory milestones. This method has been validated by means of a quantity of corporations in each Fund I and II and the Colucid Pharmaceuticals exit.
The TVM investment group has worked collectively for more than a decade to efficiently use this revolutionary method to maximize returns for investors and finance new therapies and technologies to meaningfully strengthen patient lives.
MC Solutions AG
Europe: Anne Hennecke
Tel: +49 211 529 252 22
North America: Laurie Doyle
Tel: +1 339 832 0752