22-year-old job seeker mistakenly declared dead

The Shocking Misidentification: A Cousin’s Search for the Truth After a Drug Overdose

In September, Tasha Rosales received a notification that her cousin Tyler Chase had died from a drug overdose. But three months later, she learned that the body was actually someone else’s. Chase had been staying at a rehab center and was sober for several months. One day, when he tried to use his food stamps at a department store, he realized his credit card was no longer active. This led him to suspect something was wrong, as he was desperately seeking employment.

When Chase went to authorities to resolve the issue, he was informed that a death certificate had been filed in his name. He contacted the Portland Police, who went to the rehab center where he was staying to investigate the situation. Ultimately, it was discovered that a man living at the rehab center died from an overdose and was mistakenly identified as Chase. His family was mistakenly notified of his death and the body was cremated without being properly identified.

Chase’s ashes were given to Tasha Rosales and she was initially convinced that the news of his being alive was a hoax. The entire ordeal led her to raise over a thousand dollars for his cremation. Chase eventually found work in Portland helping the homeless, noting that the entire experience made him realize how easily he could have met the same fate. The Multnomah County spokesperson expressed deep regret for the misidentification and new procedures were put in place to prevent such errors from happening again.

Leave a Reply

Events on Health Care Hosted by Lakeland Community College Previous post Discover the Exciting World of Health Care at Lakeland Community College: A Series of Free Events this Spring!
Canada Secures 2nd Gold Medal at World U23 Cross-Country Ski Championships in Mixed Relay Event Next post Canada Takes Home Another Gold Medal at Under-23 Cross-Country Ski Championships with a Thrilling Mixed Relay Victory