SOUTHWEST FLORIDA PUBLIC Overall health DEPARTMENTS ENCOURAGE A Secure AND Wholesome MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
Southwest Fla. – The Florida Division of Overall health in Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Glades, Hendry, Lee, Monroe, and Okeechobee Counties encourage residents and guests to get pleasure from a protected and healthier Memorial Day weekend.
Adhere to these ideas for a healthier vacation weekend.
Water Security: Each and every year, several youngsters drown through summer time vacation weekends. Awareness of the standard principles of water security, combined with understanding and understanding of water hazards, can boost enjoyment and drastically minimize drowning deaths each and every year.
• Normally preserve your eyes on youngsters in and about water, such as pools and open bodies of water. Actively supervising and providing youngsters your undivided interest when they are in or about water can enable avoid drownings.
• Under no circumstances leave a kid alone about water.
• If your kid is missing, verify other pools or surrounding bodies of water.
• Use barriers about water, such as fences, self-closing/self-latching gates, and safe doors with alarms. Barriers enable avoid young youngsters from wandering into bodies of water, such as lakes, pools, ponds, and much more.
• Seek shade when the sun is strongest, which is generally among the hours of ten am and four pm.
• Put on broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 15 on all components of exposed skin ahead of you go outdoors. Recall to reapply just about every two hours immediately after swimming or sweating.
• Put on a wide-brimmed hat that shades your face, ears, and back of your neck. Put on sunglasses to shield your eyes and the delicate skin about your eyes from sun exposure.
• For further protection, you can put on light, lengthy-sleeved shirts.
• Prior to and immediately after handling raw meat, poultry, eggs, and seafood, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Separate raw meals to avoid cross contamination. Use a single cutting board for raw meat, poultry, and seafood and one more for vegetables and fruits.
• Cook all foods to the right temperature by utilizing a meals thermometer.
• Baking sweets may possibly come with the temptation of consuming dough or batter, but that is not protected.
• Make certain to refrigerate perishable meals inside two hours. If the temperature is above 90 degrees Fahrenheit, chill meals inside 1 hour.
About the Florida Division of Overall health in Collier County
The Florida Division of Overall health in Collier County, nationally accredited as component of an Integrated Regional Public Overall health Division Method by the Public Overall health Accreditation Board, performs to shield, market and increase the overall health of all individuals in Florida by way of integrated state, county and neighborhood efforts.
Adhere to us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @HealthyCollier . For much more details, please stop by collier.floridahealth.gov/.