News Releases from Division of Overall health
Hawai‘i Division of Overall health closes JB,S Kitchen and Lounge in Wailuku
Posted on Mar 17, 2023 in Newsroom
WAILUKU, HI – The Hawai‘i Division of Overall health (DOH) has posted a red “Closed” placard to defend public well being due to vital meals security violations at JB,S Kitchen and Lounge. The restaurant owned and operated by JB,S Kitchen and Lounge, LLC, is situated at 752B Decrease Major Street in Wailuku.
The meals establishment received the red placard on March 15, 2023 and ought to stay closed till all violations are resolved and DOH enables the restaurant to reopen to the public.
Crucial violations noted at inspection consist of:
- Cockroach infestation in the kitchen, which includes on walls and pipes more than flour and batter at the deep-fry station.
- An accumulation of grease and meals debris was observed on and about the stove, which serves as a meals supply for roaches.
- Hand-wash sinks had been not utilised exclusively utilised for hand washing as needed.
- Cross-contamination problem was observed in a refrigerator with raw eggs becoming stored above vegetables and prepared to consume foods.
- Cleaning options had been observed stored more than uncooked pasta and baking soda in the dry storage cabinet.
The well being division is requiring the meals establishment to take the following corrective actions ahead of they will be permitted to reopen:
- Specialist pest manage ought to be stepped up to eradicate roaches
- Facility ought to be cleaned to get rid of all pest harborage situations, such as the grease develop-up and meals debris and
- Meals and toxic chemical storage ought to be organized to resolve possible cross-contamination of several foods and contamination from toxic chemical substances.
A stick to-up inspection is scheduled for March 17, 2023.
The Division of Overall health Meals Security Branch protects and promotes the well being of Hawai‘i residents and guests via education of meals sector workers and regulation of meals establishments statewide. The branch conducts routine well being inspections of meals establishments exactly where meals goods are ready, manufactured, distributed, or sold.
The branch also investigates sources of meals-borne illnesses and possible adulteration. It is also accountable for mitigating the effects of these incidents to avert any future occurrences. Division of Overall health meals security specialists strive to function with small business owners, foodservice workers, and the meals sector to assure protected meals preparation practices and sanitary situations.
To view restaurant inspection reports, go to http://hi.healthinspections.us/hawaii/.
For extra information and facts on the department’s placarding system go to http://well being.hawaii.gov/san/.
# # #