Bulverde art studio owner heartbroken right after fire destroys small business
BULVERDE, Texas – Francesca Watson has invested her life savings into her beloved art studio, The Makery, in Bulverde.
Having said that, early Saturday morning, her alarm alerted her to an unexpected nightmare.
“I pulled up our safety camera and I could see the flames and the smoke. So I named 911,” Watson stated.
By the time she arrived, the developing was covered in smoke. The aftermath of the fire shows small hope for her art studio.
In a Facebook video, Watson stated the fire began in her studio and “appears to be electrical in nature” just before it spread to the restaurant subsequent door, the Verde Bistro.
“This has got absolutely nothing to do with the restaurant subsequent door. The fire began in our studio,” she stated. “It is a total loss.”
The restaurant subsequent door also sustained substantial harm.
According to a Facebook post from the Verde Bistro, it will be closed till additional notice.
“This small business represents our complete life savings. We place all of it right here so we have no savings, but we’re going to have a roof more than our head and meals on our table,” Watson stated. “These young households functioning in the buildings, my two assistants, you know, these are people today on fixed incomes or, you know, raising smaller households. And I just I’m worried for them.”
Rhonda Zunker with the Bulverde Spring Branch Chamber of Commerce is coordinating help for the much more than a dozen people today that function at the art studio and restaurant.
“If we can support them with quick desires and, you know, give them a small bit of revenue till they can get reemployed,” Zunker stated.
Some restaurants have supplied to give the employees a short-term job till the small business can reopen.
Watson stated their pet shop cat died in the fire.
KSAT reached out to Bulverde Spring Branch Fire Division for info on the fire and we haven’t heard back.
Copyright 2023 by KSAT – All rights reserved.